Q. How much does it cost to attend?
Program registration fees range from $100-$150 depending on the program. Additional supplies and materials may also be required that are not included in the registration fee.
Q. What is the waitlist?
Our registration system will automatically generate a waitlist when a program is full. If there is availability within the program, the registration system automatically sends an email to the participant at the top of the waitlist.
Q. Where do STEAM Whistle Workshop programs meet?
All programs will meet virtually through online video conferencing and other collaboration tools. Specific details on how to access these services will be included in the parent packet.
Q. Does my student need to have anything with them while attending a program?
A list of all materials and supplies needed for success with all projects and activities is included within the registration website and will be included in the parent packet.
Q. How are students grouped?
Students are grouped by grade bands.
Q. Who are the program instructors?
Programs are taught by a mixture of Georgia Tech faculty/staff, Georgia Tech students, STEAM teachers, and STEAM professionals.
Q. Can a student with disabilities attend summer programs?
Students with disabilities are welcome in our programs. Please let us know how to best support your student to be successful in the programs either via email, online program registration form or schedule a meeting with a member of our staff. Your privacy is important to us and student information will only be shared with staff working with your student.
Q. Do I need a teacher recommendation?
Teacher recommendations are not required to attend summer programs.
Q. What if my student has other special circumstances or needs?
Please let us know how we can help using the registration form.
Q. What if I need to cancel/request a refund?
Full refunds minus a 5% processing fee will be given if someone on the waitlist is available to take your spot. No refunds are available unless we are able to fill the spot. Exceptions are provided for family emergencies or serious health issues with documentation.
Q. How do I register for a summer program?
- Registrations for STEAM Whistle Workshop are first come - first serve based. Enrollment is not guaranteed until full payment has been received. A spot in the workshop is not reserved until the fee has been paid.
- Navigate to our registration site. If you do not already have an account, you will need to create one. Once your account is created, select the "Start a New Registration" option from the homepage. Follow the steps to register your child and input their information into the system.
Q. What if I want to have my child to attend more than one program?
Once you have begun the registration/enrollment process, you will be prompted to select a week or weeks on the "Registration Details" tab. Each week selected will create a new tab with a list of available programs. The price, time, and description of each program will be listed. Select the weeks you want, select the program within each week. All selections will be added to the column on the far right.
Q. What if I want to have more than one child register for programs?
Once you have an account, select the "Start a New Registration" option. Select, "My child or dependent." You will then have the option to add a new child or dependent.
Q. Are scholarships available?
At CEISMC we believe that financial hardship should never hinder a child's opportunity to participate in one of our summer programs. As a result, we are proud to offer scholarships for all of our summer programs. Scholarships reduces the registration fee it does not cover the entire cost of the program. Each program has a limited number of scholarships and they are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Q. Who qualifies for a scholarship?
Any child that is on free/reduced lunch is qualified to receive a scholarship. If your school does not offer free/reduced lunch please reference the following chart to see if you financially qualify:
Children on Free/Reduced Lunch
- A copy of the letter provided to you by your school stating that your child specifically receives free/reduced lunch must be uploaded at the time of registration.
Children at Schools that do not Offer Free/Reduced Lunch
Proof of household income must be uploaded at the time of registration. Examples include:
- W-2 and/or 1099
- most recent pay stub
Registration Process and Deadlines
- At the time of registration, you will be asked if your child is on free/reduced lunch and/or your family financially qualifies. If you answer yes, you will be prompted to upload one of the documents listed above. If you do not have access to this document at the time of registration you will still be able to submit the registration and hold a spot for your child in the summer program.
- Within 7 days of submitting your registration, you must upload all required documentation. If documentation is not received within 7 days, your registration will be canceled, and you will have to start the process over.
- Once all documentation is submitted it will be reviewed by one of our staff members within 2 business days. If approved, you will receive an email with a link to submit payment. The registration fee will be reduced by 25%.
- Within 7 days of receiving approval, you must submit payment. If payment is not received within 7 days, your registration will be canceled, and you will have to start the process over.
Q. Could my program be canceled?
While unlikely, CEISMC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time for any reason. If this should happen, a full refund would be issued. CEISMC also reserves the right to remove students during the program week for violating the Code of Conduct described during registration as well as in the program guide emailed to parents after registration.
Q. How will I receive updates about programs?
We send updates, application status, payment deadlines, and important program information via email. EMAIL IS OUR PRIMARY MEANS OF COMMUNICATION. It is of the utmost importance that the parent email address you provide us on your registration is spelled correctly and checked often.